Final update October 12, 2016
Here are the specifics of my travels during 2015 and 2016.
Summer-Fall 2016: US, Japan, Korea, Thailand, Korea
- May 18-June 1: Phoenix
- June 1-15: NYC
- June 15-July 18: Phoenix
- July 19-26: Japan
- July 27-August 24: Seoul to attend the summer Korean language program at Hankuk University of Foreign Studies.
- August 24-September 7: Thailand to take The Communication Course: The Power to Create with Landmark and get my Korean visa processed.
- September 7: Seoul to begin working at Samsung on September 19.
Fall 2015-Spring 2016: Southeast Asia
- October 29-December 15: Thailand
- December 15-26: Malaysia
- December 26-January 6: Vietnam
- January 6-29: Myanmar (Burma)
- January 29-February 4: Thailand
- February 4-16: Vietnam for Tet (Saigon and around)
- February 16-March 25: Cambodia, Laos
- March 25-April 12: Vietnam (North)
- April 12-24: Thailand for Songkran in Khon Kaen, Thai beaches
- April 24-May 12: Indonesia (Bali and Java)
- May 12-15: Singapore
- May 15-17: Bangkok
- May 18: Phoenix, Arizona
Summer 2015: US, Vietnam, and Korea
- July 1: Finish at Google. (My final date at Google was actually July 17, but I was on vacation after July 1.)
- July 2-21: Hang out in NYC, jobless (mostly) and fancy free. Get rid of stuff. Want some? Ask me. Get some pizza from Juliana’s. Hang out with an old friend who will be visiting.
- July 22: Fly out of NYC.
- July 23-28: Saigon for a few days. Because hey, Saigon!
- July 29-August 26: Seoul for the Hankuk University of Foreign Studies (HUFS) Korean language program from July 29-August 25.
- August 26-September 13: NYC to take my Korean placement exam on September 3 (required for my master’s degree in East Asian Languages and Cultures from Columbia University) and stick around for my birthday (September 8). Ship the things I want to keep out to Phoenix, where I own the house my parents have retired in. Move out of my apartment. Want my stuff? Talk to me.
- September 13-30: Atlanta to visit my brother, my sister-in-law, and my newborn nephew and spend the High Holidays and the first days of Sukkos.
- September 30-October 22: Phoenix to visit my parents, sister and brother-and-law and do some last-minute shopping and logistical stuff.